Performance Automation: Making pages faster automatically
Depending on whom you talk to, performance automation can range from the holy grail of performance tuning to a set of programming hacks that will bring down your website. In reality, it is neither of these things.
In the presentation, delivered to the New York Web Performance Meetup Group, Strangeloop president Joshua Bixby talks about:
- Different approaches to automation
- Pros and cons of each
- What kinds of performance best practices can or should be automated
- What best practices are better left to hands-on developers
- How “automatic” is performance automation, actually?
- A survey of the performance automation market today