Strangeloop president Joshua Bixby to unveil new mobile performance findings at Velocity EU
Get ready for an industry first. On October 3 at Velocity EU, Strangeloop president Joshua Bixby will be unveiling the findings from the first study ever conducted of mobile performance over cellular networks.
In July and September 2012, Strangeloop conducted an industry first: a mobile performance survey of top ecommerce sites, resulting in a report to be revealed for the first time to Velocity EU attendees. The "2012 State of Mobile Ecommerce Performance" documents how Strangeloop tested top Alexa-ranked retail sites on a variety of mobile devices to find answers to questions like these:
- How long does the median site take to load in mobile browsers?
- Which sites were fastest?
- Do some mobile OS/browsers/devices offer a consistently faster user experience than others?
- How much faster are pages served over LTE than over 3G?
- How do all of these findings compare to similar research conducted for desktop performance, published in Strangeloop’s annual Page Speed and Website Performance State of the Union reports?
Attendees will walk away with a clear snapshot of mobile ecommerce performance. Armed with these findings, they can create a compelling argument to focus on mobile optimization within their own organizations.
The report will be available for free download tomorrow. Check back on the Strangeloop blog for details.